Trying to find Björling singing «Pourquoi me réveiller».

Discussion of contemporary singers: Jonas Kaufmann, Juan Diego Flórez, Anna Netrebko, etc.
Oskar

Trying to find Björling singing «Pourquoi me réveiller».

Postby Oskar » 09 Feb 2018, 07:00

I can’t seem to find ant recordings of Jussi doing this aria. Can anybody help me find it, if it does indeed exist? 😊

TifosoBonisolli

Re: Trying to find Björling singing «Pourquoi me réveiller».

Postby TifosoBonisolli » 09 Feb 2018, 10:11

There is none such recording. The publication of reference in such cases is Daniele Godor's exhaustive commented Björling discography, published on the tenor website that was once run by Francois Nouvion; but since Nouvion is dead and the site is currently in the process of reconstruction, that Björling discography is unavailable for the time being. But it will return, so for future reference, the site's new address: www.historicaltenors.net

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 16 Feb 2018, 16:17

Just as a point of interest, I didn't know that Nouvion had died but a quick look at 'Historical Tenors' indicate that he passed away suddenly on 18th June 2016. I didn't like him nor him me. 'Historical Tenors' is an excellent reference site however but that's it.
Regards,
Geoff.

TifosoBonisolli

Postby TifosoBonisolli » 30 May 2018, 09:47

The commented Björling discography that I mentioned above (with more than 100 sound examples!) is back online on www.historicaltenors.net (--> Scandinavian tenors --> Jussi Björling --> commented discography).