Do I have nodules?

Forum for singers about singing life, career and singing technique: management, taxes, auditions, appoggio, covering, messa di voce, placement, registers, etc.
Equaleet

Do I have nodules?

Postby Equaleet » 12 Jul 2017, 10:53

Hi, I'm a tenor in my thirties. Singing is my hobby. For a while now, I am hoarse, especially at and above B-flat. Sometimes my voice will sound excellent in the passaggio, but as soon as I ascend there is hoarseness. It feels as if I have to cheat: use a tight squeeze and "less voice" to make the pitch.. and it feels unstable (I sometimes crack).. above B-flat those symptoms are several times stronger. Could it be a nodule?

antfreire

Re: Do I have nodules?

Postby antfreire » 12 Jul 2017, 19:24

If I were you I would visit a laryngologist. It could be an irritation of the vocal cords, but no one can tell you with certainty if not a professional of that field of medicine. If it were nodules don't feel bad. Caruso had it and he kept being Caruso.

Equaleet

Re: Do I have nodules?

Postby Equaleet » 12 Jul 2017, 20:06

antfreire wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 19:24
If I were you I would visit a laryngologist. It could be an irritation of the vocal cords, but no one can tell you with certainty if not a professional of that field of medicine. If it were nodules don't feel bad. Caruso had it and he kept being Caruso.
I guess I should... Don't like people poking in my throat, though!