Solomon Kromckenko

Discussion of contemporary singers: Jonas Kaufmann, Juan Diego Flórez, Anna Netrebko, etc.
Vlamgat

Re: Solomon Kromckenko

Postby Vlamgat » 08 Mar 2017, 13:36

Unfortunately, some names are completely mysterious and we do not know anything about them or near to anything. This is probably another one of those.
This singer made me recollect another tenor - Vladimir Fedotov, that sang incredibly beautifully with an incredible belcanto in a few opera recordings of about the same period, and then completely disappeared without leaving any trace.

Vlamgat

Postby Vlamgat » 09 Mar 2017, 06:48

p.s.

I asked my friend, who is older than me, a former vocalist and now one of the best teachers in Moscow, who has an encyclopedical knowledge of Russian singers. He doesn't know him either.

TifosoBonisolli

Postby TifosoBonisolli » 09 Mar 2017, 10:53

Thank you nonetheless, Vlamgat.

Vlamgat

Postby Vlamgat » 23 Mar 2017, 13:21

p.s.

When I was at his house, Khromchenko also showed me some of his photo albums. I remember a lot of pictures of him in his different roles, and also many pictures with the famous people of that period. He let me "borrow" two of them - him with young Khrennikov, and him with Gliere. The second I saw these two photos I could tell both of them had a lot of respect for Khromchenko and were close to him on a personal level.

Khromchenko also showed me a big old box full with letters of congratulations, Happy Birthday cards and all kinds of fan-mail he received from about all the greatest singers, musicians and composers of his period.

I actually heard a special cassette with the most heartfelt congratulations that my favorite basso of all times Mark Reizen sent to Khromchenko on his birthday when he was in Israel. Reizen thought a letter wouldn't suffice, so he made an effort in order to make it more special. Can you imagine? Seriously... A 95 year old Reizen sending YOU a special tape with his voice to congratulate you on YOUR birthday. That just goes to show how highly appreciated and loved Khromchenko was. And this is perhaps one of the most important things I want people to know about our dear Solomon Khromchenko - that he wasn't just a wonderful singer, but that he was an incredible person everyone sincerely loved and appreciated.

[edit] Ah! Not two! Three photos! And I forgot to tmention the most interesting of them. I just couldn't pass this one. It was him as I never seen him before - A 17 year old dashing young man posing before the camera. On the back it said "To my dear mother and father. Yours, Solomon".